Francis Keyser

Posted by Unknown Friday, June 11, 2010
According to my mother, as a young child I was happiest when she would plop me on the kitchen floor to play with nothing more than a Dutch oven and a wooden spoon. As she cooked supper I would just bang away on my kitchen drum laughing and grinning away. Soon enough I was pretending to cook on my sisters play oven and amazed with her Easy Bake Oven.

As the years passed I was able to start creating more food than mess in the kitchen, so my parents started letting me help with meals. When I was not slicing, dicing and stirring along side my parents I was watching Julia Childs, Justin Wilson and Spider-man with my father. I really think Spider-man might have taught me more about cook because with his web shooters he could make anything stick together… just kidding! Julia Childs taught me some very important lessons through the TV. She taught me that it was "My" Kitchen and I was cooking with flavors that I liked. Justin Wilson on the other hand taught me about the importance of drinking while cooking... among other things. While my parents were teaching that cooking was the time when a family discussed all the stress of the day, so that when you sat down to dinner, you were free of all your worries and you could enjoy the amazing meal you had created together.

Later on in life I got my drivers license and I totaled my first car (about 7 hours after getting it.) My dad punished me by making me get a job to pay off the car. Who knew that punishment would actually help me learn more about cooking and lead me to express myself even more in my recipes. I was working at a Mom and Pop Pizzeria and when no one bothering to supervise me I'd let my imagination run wild with their pizza, sandwich and pasta recipes. I'd make honey and crack pepper crusts with spicy sauces hoping that the customers would be pleasantly surprised.

I've now been cooking custom recipes of my own for the better part of 10 years. I enjoy inventing new recipes so much my family has even purchased me blank cookbooks to fill with my own creations. I'm constantly striving to become a better cook and learn more about food all things "food." My love for inventing new recipes has led me to Cooking for Zo! A site devoted to my love of not only cooking but of ZoAnn Marie Campana.

We hope to provide you with great recipes that you and your loved ones can enjoy as much as we enjoyed making them for each other!

One of these days I hope to have my own recipe books and pitch some of my cooking show ideas to the Food Network.

Bon appetit!

0 comments

Post a Comment

Suggest Changes/Report Errors
Frankeyser@cookingforzo.com

Keep Us Cooking

Store

Coming Soon!!!